Wednesday, August 27, 2008

2 More Collagraphs



Wednesday morning and two more collagraphs to consider. I am realizing that my plates need to be constructed with thinner applications of modelling paste for impressions as they are difficult to ink and wipe when they are too thick. I am starting to get a feel for the 'rubs' although I don't like using scrim and think I will try to find an alternative that isn't quite as scratchy, maybe just a soft, well worn old sheet. I am going to ink and run two more today and try that out. I am pleased with the size of these plates as they frame up into a 16" x 20" frame with a 3" mat very nicely. They do take from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours to ink up though. Back to work!

1 comment:

The Wandering Blues said...

You can't be living in Canada! Those prints are just toooooo vibrant.

Seriously, Heather, those are beautiful. You are really onto something there.