Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back in the Groove





I am happy to say that I am 'back in the groove' lately and feeling much better now that I have decided to 'just do it', meaning make whatever art wants to come out and not worry about whether anyone will like it or not.

Having spent the last two days working on two new plates while listening to waves on the shore outside my window I am now ready to seal them up for printing tomorrow.

The theme seems to be the cycle and circle of life and they are collagraphs using illustration board as the support with white craft glue, heavy gel medium, modelling paste and fine sand. I am blending shellac flakes with denatured alcohol to use as a sealant. The attached photos are of the plates before sealing.

I am looking forward to 'printing day' tomorrow as I want to try out some new inking techniques.

No comments: