Monday, August 18, 2008

New Prints



I am posting the photographs of the two first prints from new collagraph #1. I am experimenting with adding an extender with linseed oil to my inks and then, after the intaglio wipe, using rubs. I can see there will be a lot more practice needed to get this right! The first one is too much all the same colours but I think I will add some chine colle and see what happens. The second one might be able to be saved with a little oil pastel. I will try some more prints tomorrow with some toned down colours. I am also finding that for larger collagraphs (this one is 10.5" x 14.5") I should be using a thin MDF board as mat card for larger ones won't hold up on the edges for many print runs. I am applying another coat of acrylic varnish to the edges and back of this one when it is completely dry. Tomorrow I will also do some test runs of collagraph #2 as well.

No comments: