Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Focusing







This was a very busy and rewarding week - almost two weeks actually.

I've decided that a blog post each and every week is too much so I have geared down to twice a month. This way it gives me more time to finish things and possibly have something to say!

One of the 6 white canvases has turned into a vase of flowers.  It started out as an abstract but morphed along the way.  I'm thinking the deep freeze we have been in here this winter must have something to do with it.  Two more 8" x 8" canvases have been started - it would be nice to have three similar ones to be a little series but I won't know until I get going which direction they will take.  I am hoping for more vases with flowers!

This week also been a crocheting and knitting time. It all started with a friend wanting me to teach her how to crochet an infinity scarf.  I now have completed two of these scarves in different patterns and colours.  Turquoise for one; chartreuse for the other!  Next on the go is a knitted dish cloth - why I'm doing this is a mystery - the yarn just called out to me in the store!

I also read Neil Young's autobiography "Waging Heavy Peace" - an exceptionally good read!

So the next two weeks I will be on a mission to focus on more vase with flowers paintings with the goal of keeping my head in 'series' mode and not flying off in all kinds of other directions!



No comments: