Sunday, May 31, 2015

Distractions


This is the result of over two weeks of painting away at this 30" x 30" canvas. A thick coat of Gesso over layers and layers of collage and paint and many, many hours of trying to work.

I love my home studio space but the open concept with no door is not working for me.  My dear
husband means well but doesn't understand the mindset of an artist working on a non-representational intuitive painting.  Constant interruptions and noise has made me think too much about something that should have no thinking whatsoever.  Impossible to do without peace and quiet.

My only solution is to buy some noise reduction headphones as my frustration level has come to a breaking point.  I now understand why studio space away from home is important. Not going to happen so I just need to relax and find a solution.

No comments: