Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A New Direction



I have been working away for many months on combining collage pieces that I am creating with random marks and lines with even more intuitive painting done with scrapers, pouring, spraying and finger painting.

The resulting works are, to me, very expressive and loose.  These are done from the heart and both fun and scary at the same time.

Exhibiting them will be a whole other thing too as they are quite different from my creations of the last few years.

I am happiest when learning new things and stretching myself in new directions and that is the main reason why I paint in the first place.

It's the putting them out there in the open for other people to judge that is the part of this art-making that I am not particularly fond of.

I know most artists share this feeling - that's just the way the cookie crumbles!


1 comment:

Holly Dean Artist said...

I love the energy and freedom in this painting. And the composition and the colours and the texture... :)