Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Frustration


Today has been a very challenging day spent with my pile of scraps and handmade collage papers.  Trying to make a design out of  randomly ripped up pieces of paper is not an easy task and has proven to be a frustrating one this time.

As I chose my main colours and started out it seemed important to leave white spaces with pathways to the edges.  Now that I am almost at the boiling point trying to make that work my focus is about to change.

I was making decisions too soon and not leaving enough options open.  Tomorrow the white spaces will be obliterated - no biggie.

The decision making with this style of 'painting' has to be loose, tightening up only near the finish.  I was rushing these ones.

Maybe it was the music choice - mostly U2!  Tomorrow I will make a calmer choice and see what happens!!

Time to go for a walk and think about supper!

No comments: