Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Stages of Carey's Painting







I am finally finished this painting which is 36" x 24" on gallery canvas. It came to me completely spontaneously and was quite a challenge to complete. I painted it for my son Carey's new house and it will be in the kitchen on a rusty red wall surrounded by cherry wood cupboards and gleaming oak floors. It will add a lot of colour and interest and hopefully be a good conversation piece.

I have included photos of my process, starting with applying gesso to an old painting. Each step was a surprise as I didn't have any idea where it was going. I just took my time and let the painting speak to me and evolve.















1 comment:

no naked walls said...

It's great to see the progression Heather. You must post a picture showing it in situ.