Saturday, May 29, 2010

Cloning



I've just finished varnishing this painting which is a semi-replica of a previous one. The first painting, 24" x 12", goes very nicely in my newly renovated guest bathroom so I decided to do another one in the same vein on a 24" x 18" canvas that I had.

It's not easy to do the same thing twice! There are subtle differences such as 9 leaves in the first one and 7 in the second and the border treatment is a different technique. It was a challenge and I'm happy with the results.

Now on to another sunflower painting which will be on a 24" x 30" canvas in a landscape format.

Today is Day 14 of my 6 to 8 weeks in a non-walking cast for a broken ankle. Since I can't get out, I have decided to do as many paintings as I can. It's keeping me occupied and very happy!

No comments: