Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Good News

This morning I received some really good news. A few months ago, I had entered some images of my printmaking in a contest run by the Hillebrand Winery in southern Ontario for labels for their 'Artist's Series' of wines.

From over 1300 entries the jurors selected a 'short list' of 37 entries and my "Textures of Life #1" was one of them.

I am very excited and nervous as now I will wait on pins and needles until the judges choose the winning 12 entries.

The last few months have been very stressful and upsetting so I am very grateful for some good news!

4 comments:

Susanne said...

Wow Heather that is fantastic! Congratulations.

Margie Oomen said...

Congratulations that is amazing news!!
I just purchased some wine from australia last week with the title five stones from the Margaret River region. I definitely think they might need to use one of my images on their wine labels. What do you think???

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for the next stage!!

Aine Scannell said...

Yes I think this would look gorgeous on a wine label too !!!