Thursday, June 5, 2008

Blogging Day 1

I have decided just to jump into this blogging thing and learn on the way, which is pretty much how I do most things anyway.

The plan is for this blog to be about seeing the world through the artist's eyes, in my case recently turned 60 year old hazel eyes which, remarkably are still 20/20, with the addition of reading glasses of which I own at least 10 to be found and lost in every room of my house.

At present, I am interested in creating art from my subconscious - I enjoy the mystery of working this way and am always surprised at what ends up in front of me. It is also very interesting to get comments from viewers as each person perceives the images in their own way.

As I work intuitively and almost never have a plan when I start a new piece of art, I will post my findings on how I figure out techniques with my printmaking and mixed media works and photos of the works in progress.

I will also post any items of interest to me about art and life in the hope that someone out there will find it interesting and informative.

I look upon this blogging experience as an opportunity to grow as an artist and as a person, so here goes!

No comments: